Sunday, November 11, 2012

Time Management - Reading List

My great-grandmother used to say, "Life is what happens when you make other plans."

Last week was one of those weeks for me. 

After the election, all I could think about was cleaning the house. I put the TV away (no more pundits postulating about candidates) and avoided the computer. I dusted things that hadn't seen any Pledge for a long time. I vacuumed everything in sight. (The cats should be glad they were put outside before the vacuuming fiesta began.) I uncluttered the corners and the closet. (I found some things.)

But I didn't blog about Hospitality, as I had originally planned to do.

Perhaps I need to read about Time Management?

If you want to join me, here are some suggested titles. I haven't read them yet, but I am certainly going to look them up!


Juggling Tasks, Tots, and Time, by Mary Beth Lagerborg (publishing manager at MOPS International, Inc.)  

This shares practical, day-to-day tips for managing your home and meeting your family's needs, including how to minimize bedtime struggles, how to teach children to play alone, and how to conquer all those other aspects try your patience. 

Get More Done in Less Time-- And Get on With the Good Stuff, by Donna Otto

A life management expert presents a practical, realistic timesaving system with strategies for making highly efficient use of each day, week, and month.

Simplify Your Time: Stop Running & Start Living, by Marcia Ramsland

This contains a thirty day approach to finding more time to do the things you want.

Helping Kids Get Organized: Activities That Teach Time Management, Clutter Clearing, Project Planning, and More, by Robyn Freedman Spizman, and Marianne Daniels Garber

Want to help your kids to learn time management? This is a kid's guide to managing time. Included are easy-to-use activities to challenge students to help develop studying, writing, researching, and prioritizing skills.

A Kid's Guide to Managing Time, by Joy Wilt Berry

This is another one for teaching time management skills to children. It presents guidelines for organizing time on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis and for finishing unpleasant tasks as easily as possible.

If you know of any other books that would help, we would appreciate your comments.

And now, onward to another week, another chapter in our lives!

Thank you for reading the blog,

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment